1950s Highlights 1950 CFS’s rapidly growing company expands offices to the OEA Headquarters Building near the State Capitol. 1950 A significant addition is completed for the University of Oklahoma Chemistry Building. 1951 Halliburton becomes a client and work begins on their Manufacturing, Warehouse and Office facility in Duncan, Oklahoma. 1951 CFS completes their first major aviation project for Douglas Aircraft Company in Tulsa – an Electronics and Processing Systems Building. 1952 The firm begins their long and successful history of Federal work at military installations including two hangars at Fort Sill, Oklahoma. 1952 CFS begins rehabilitation and new construction work at the U.S. Naval Air Training Center in Norman, Oklahoma. 1953 The firm partners with American Airlines in Tulsa to design work docks for servicing jet aircraft. 1953 Medical work continues for the firm with the completion of Blackwell General Hospital and School of Nursing. 1954 Recognized for its architectural beauty, St. Luke’s Methodist Church is completed and the grand structure becomes a popular tourist attraction with visitors from around the world. 1954 Capitol Hill High School Field House is finished and published in Steel Construction Magazine. 1955 With CFS’s help the University of Oklahoma adds a $2.7 million addition to their beautiful Bizzell Memorial Library. 1955 Companies that move freight become a niche for the firm with Mistletoe Express’ office building and terminal in downtown Oklahoma City on the boards. 1956 The firm begins their decades long history of projects at Tinker AFB with the new base hospital. 1956 Education work continues with the addition and remodeling of Harding Junior-Senior High School gymnasium. 1957 CFS’s first branch office is opened in Tulsa to serve American Airlines and their new maintenance base. 1957 FSB begins work on Herbert Hoover Junior Senior High School. 1959 In fourteen short years the firm is ranked 75th among all architectural offices in the U.S. by Architectural Forum Magazine. 1959 From a dream in 1946 to completion of Phase I, in April 1959, a landmark matures in Oklahoma City – in Baptist Medical Center.